|On May 3rd, 2012 Victor R. Volkman and Tyler R. Tichelaar spoke with veteran radio host and media maven Cyrus Webb, President of Conversations Media Group. Cyrus been active in the arts for over a decade and has used his passion for engaging discussions to build his media brand. Through his radio show he has interviewed Pulitzer-Prize winners, celebrity musicians and actors as well as individuals with a powerful story to tell. Tonight, Cyrus Webb shared his inside information on how you can make yourself into a guest that radio interviewers can’t refuse! We touched on all aspects of guest appearances including:
- What are some of the most important things for the author wanting to be interviewed to know about the host and the show?
- Do interviewers prefer a hard copy of the book prior to the show or an electronic copy?
- Can a book be too old, do you have to pitch it in a special way?
- Give us the top 5 mistakes people who are new to the medium will make
- Is there a difference in how to approach internet radio vs. AM talk radio or other segments?
- What can fiction authors talk about?
- How early should I arrive for an interview that is in person or how early should I call if over the phone?
- After the interview is over should I contact the host or producer again to say thanks and ask for a review if one hasn’t been written?
- What about call-in shows?