|On April 19th, 2012 Victor R. Volkman and Irene Watson spoke with professional editor and marketing guru Beth Werner about the Association of Independent Authors and what it can do for you. In 2010 Beth left the corporate world to launch Author Connections, LLC, a company created to educate, encourage and empower authors. She currently provides editing and marketing services to an exclusive roster of select clients. Her professional mission is to support high quality, multi-media content for hungry readers. As an AiA board member she was able to educate us on aspects of the association including:
- Where can authors participate in forums and discussion groups with other authors?
- Is there an online resource guide that authors can reference for service providers?
- If an author has a drafted manuscript but doesn’t know what to do next, where can they find help with the publishing process?
- If an author has very limited time but wants a regular snapshot of news and tips in the publishing world, is there a source of useful information they can rely on?
- When an author is considering an industry service provider, is there a way for them to verify a valid partner from a ripoff or sketchy player?
- How does AIA membership compare to other organizations like the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) or Small Publishers of North America (SPAN)
|Beth Werner has been a professional editor and small business developer since the age of 20, having worked 16 years in b2b magazine publishing; gaining practical training and first-hand experience in consultative selling, customer relations, and integrated marketing strategies. Her primary focus was advertising sales – where she learned to design custom brand campaigns in various vertical industries. During this time, Beth worked with and counseled some of the largest companies in the world about integrated marketing for successful business development.Her passions are travel, gourmet cooking and dining, photography, and gardening. Her own book, Travels of an Independent Woman (#readtiw) is coming soon…
Association of Independent Authors