|On July 21st, 2012 Tyler R. Tichelaar and Victor R. Volkman spoke with journalist and bestselling author Robert J. Hughes about creating your platform and energizing it with social media.Robert J. Hughes is a writer living between New York and Paris. He was a longtime arts reporter for The Wall Street Journal, where he wrote about theater, classical and popular music, books and television, as well as philanthropy and fine arts, including the auction markets. Robert took us on a back-to-basic tours of the who, what, and why of platforms for authors:
- What exactly is a platform?
- How do you build a platform?
- What is the coming trend in digital publishing?
- How easy is it to self-publish, and why should you consider it?
- What steps do you need to take to ensure success in self publishing?
- What new digital tools are available to you?
Robert J. Hughes