|On October 7th, 2010 Irene Watson and Alan E. Smith spoke with marketing guru Tom Wanek about the six essential ingredients (or “currencies”) to successful marketing Tom Wanek. His book, Currencies That Buy Credibility, teaches the foundation that every smart marketer needs to know in order to craft a believable marketing message. Tom shares his views on marketing and advertising on his blog, MarketingBeyondAdvertising.com. In a wide-ranging discussion, we talked about
- What is the book’s primary argument? Why is it important now?
- Can money categorically buy credibility like buying ad space?
- What was the inspiration behind Currencies That Buy Credibility?
- How can fiction and non-fiction authors exploit these currencies?
- Any surprising applications of your currencies?
- What are the most commonly credibility investments in business today?
- What are the key factors that will help marketers cut through the social media clutter and communicate with credibility