|On September 1, 2011 Tyler R. Tichelaar and Victor R. Volkman spoke with author and marketing guru Irene Watsonon how authors can generate their marketing platform with a minimum of effort. Irene Watson is the Managing Editor of Reader Views, where avid readers can find reviews of recently published books as well as read interviews with authors. Her team also provides author publicity and a variety of other services specific to writing and publishing books. She spoke with us and addressed the following points:
- What is an author platform?
- Why does an author need a platform?
- What’s the first thing to do to create a platform? (Define Audience)
- What is the next step after I define my audience?
- Basics of the platform (Brand, Reputation, Connections)
- What is the foundation of a platform?
- 7 steps in creating an author platform.
|Among the many destinations Irene Watson runs includes ReaderViews, First Chapter Plus, Inside Scoop Live, and Review The book Dot Com. Her team produces press releases, media interviews, and book videos just to name a few.
Irene is also author of The Sitting Swing: Finding Wisdom to Know the Difference , co-author of Rewriting Life Scripts: Transformational Recovery for Families of Addicts, and co-author of Authors Access: 36 Secrets for Authors and Publishers.
The Sitting Swing: Finding Wisdom to Know the Difference