|Irene Watson and Tyler R. Tichelaar spoke with e-book author and product designer Kate Harper about how to re-purpose existing articles and even blog posts as Amazon Kindle e-books. Kate is inspired by the current blending of arts with technology. A former adult education teacher, Kate Harper has a special skill of knowing how to assist the creative, non-tech person, deal with new and fast changing technologies that affect their careers, such as how to format books for e-reading devices like the Amazon Kindle. We covered a range of e-book production details including:
- How e-book publishing world has changed (and how selling on Amazon is like having a free marketing department).
- How anyone can publish on Amazon quickly and easily (there’s no excuse anymore for not finishing that book!)
- Why publishing articles are better than publishing books
- The advantages of selling an article on Amazon, rather than selling it to a magazine or newspaper.
- Rules of thumb for formatting and selling articles for the Kindle (and how it is different than a book)
- Watch out for the fear mongers who say you need to pay experts (and how can do this for free)
- Other places to publish and sell your e-article (since you retain full rights to your work)
- Why this is the best time in history to make a living being by being a writer (and how I accidentally started selling an article on Amazon)