|On September 2, 2010 Irene Watson and Alan E. Smith spoke with author and media coverage guru Drew Gerber of PitchRate.com. L. Drew Gerber is CEO of Wasabi Publicity, Inc. and creator of www.PitchRate.com, a free media tool that connects journalists, publicists, and experts. Drew informed us on critical aspects of the interface between author and media including:
- How to stand out from the crowd and brand what’s unique about your book.
- How to make it easy for customers and journalists to find you and your book online.
- Who wants your expertise? How to position yourself as an expert.
- How to grab the media’s attention by creating the perfect pitch.
- How to get to the point and use sound bites.
- How to maximize your publicity by leveraging the coverage you’re getting to attract more traffic and leads to your website.